We've celebrated Brian's birthday, our nation's birthday & now today - the 1st birthday of the tiniest Wittenberg - little Miss Everett. We may be biased but we think she's the cutest!!
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Brian! |
![]() |
| Happy Birthday America! |
![]() |
| Happy 1st Birthday Everett! |
On top of that, we've been consumed (!) by the Royal Baby Watch -- no, no, not the future heir of the British throne but the long-awaited arrival of an Upper West Side Princess. And we're so thrilled for John & Rennie that she's finally here.
Welcome to the world Miss Kady Evelyn Krajnak!!!
![]() |
| We love you Kady! |
Now you might be wondering, what else have you been doing with yourself in D.C.
Well...let me tell you!!
Brian's new job has kept him VERY busy & I have to give him props because he's been a real trooper about it. As the reigning "King of the Snooze Button" -- I had my doubts that he'd be able to adjust to life at HQ. But that boy is out of bed everyday by 6:45am while I'm still off in dreamland!! And as if getting up early wasn't bad enough, he then has to battle the sweltering DC humidity in a suit. Ugh!!
I, on the other hand, have been living a more leisurely existence since we got here -- spending my days with the other unemployed Washingtonians at the gym, doing laundry (it's so exciting having our own washer/dryer) & visiting Whole Foods way too many times a week for someone on a limited budget!
That's right ladies & gents, I'm officially a housewife...at least for now.
Although my initial plan was to take the summer off, I've decided this whole not working thing isn't for me so I'm on the hunt for a new job & hoping to get back into the swing of things ASAP. This girl needs a paycheck!! And more importantly, someone else to talk to (besides myself) during the day!!
In the meantime, I'm having fun in our newly renovated kitchen, trying out all the recipes from Pinterest that I always wanted to make but never had time for. Last week - I made brookies (http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/brookies.html) which were delicious & easy & gone in 2 days -- hence my rekindled relationship with the gym!
![]() |
| yum! |
So things are moving along & we are slowly, but surely settling in to our new life in D.C. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some vacuuming to do ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment