Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hey Summer, Thanks for the Memories! (part 1)

Well, the good news is that I survived my first DC summer. The bad news is that I've fallen very behind in my blogging duties, as evidenced by the fact that it is now October & I'm just getting around to recapping all of our adventures.

So here are some highlights from what was one of the busiest, craziest, HOTTEST summers
I can remember in a very long time.

June

June was action-packed!!

We said adios to our NY jobs, hosted a going away picnic in Central Park during a record-setting heat wave....




and coordinated not one but two moves down to DC.  We also somehow squeezed in time to celebrate a few milestone moments, including Brian's birthday - which also happened to sync up with our final move out of our NY apt and the wedding of our good friends, John & Corinne.

It was like one big emotional roller coaster.  Allow me to set the scene...

Brian had suggested that we spend our final weekend as New Yorkers in our apartment, despite the fact that we had already moved all of our bedroom furniture out.  I went with this idea because a) I'm working really hard on my spontaneity - which, I suppose - is a not-so-spontaneous move and b) I thought camping in our living room sounded kind of romantic.

sure, this looks like the perfect area for camping!
That plan all fell apart when our beloved AeroBed sprung a leak, half way into the night.  Three hours of sleep later, I woke up with a stiff neck on the couch & my poor birthday boy was curled up on the floor, under what I'm pretty sure were two washcloths he had somehow fashioned into a blanket.

Then it was time to pack up the rest of our things into this fun, mobile storage unit.  It didn't go quite as smoothly as we hoped -- apparently my measuring skills aren't what they used to be -- so we literally had to pack & unpack our apartment on the middle of the busy sidewalk.  Only in NY!?


We jammed our favorite things into this storage unit & sent them to their new home in Brooklyn. Goodbye old friends!
Somewhere in the midst of the madness, I was able to convince Brian that we should go stay at Harrison's apt, where there was a working air mattress with our names on it.  So off we went to the UES with a quick stop at Mt. Sinai to pick-up the keys from Dr. Linder.


seriously, can you believe my brother is a REAL doctor?!

After that, it was time to begin the celebration portion of the weekend.  We enjoyed some well-earned cocktails at the Fallon rehearsal dinner that evening, followed by some much needed diner food the next morning.
Cheers to the birthday boy! Nothing says happy birthday better than a greasy omelette, right Brian?!

Then we were off for wedding prep.  Brian went to get ready with the rest of the groomsmen, while I enjoyed some beautification at DryBar with the then, ready-to-give-birth-at-any-moment but-still-looking-fabulous, Rennie.




The wedding was a blast - complete with Greek dancing & a cotton candy bar!!!  And of course, we visited the photo booth where we may or may not have 'accidentally' ended up with some of the props.


some fun with the birthday boy

No comments:

Post a Comment